Monday, February 25, 2013

The Sorry and Swollen Lips




My lips are swollen.
My lips are swollen with the words I can't say.
My lips are swollen with the lies I keep telling.
And please. Don't turn on the light.
Please don't look at my mouth.
Please don't ask me to move my hand.
Please don't look in the green eyes that I got from you.

These are the words I won't say.
These are the words I don't say.
These are the words and the words are trapped.
The words are trapped and ready to burst.
That's why they're swollen.
They're not swollen from too much kissing.
I promise.
I promise.
I promise.
Swelling lips.
Swollen lips.
Building a city of swelling lies.

I'm sorry.
I've never lied to you like this before.

I say it how it is but I don't have integrity.
I'm honest but I'm not true.

2 comments:

  1. I say it how it is but I don't have integrity
    Stolen.

    Also, I am a major fan of your blog. You surprise me

    ReplyDelete
  2. " Im honest but im not true" Stole this. i hate reading blogs but I cant seem to stop scrolling down your page.

    ReplyDelete