Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dear Best Friend,



Dear Best Friend,
I love you more daily.
I wish you could see yourself the way I do.

I love how you can talk anyone into anything and win every bet even if you're wrong.
I love that when you called to tell me about your first kiss, literally all you said was:
 "It was wet."
I love that when I told you about my first kiss you jumped out of the car frolicking and wouldn't stop screaming.
I love that I tell you I'm in love with a guy before I tell him because then I know if it's true and you do the same. 
I love that I automatically hate your boyfriends and you hate mine simply based on precept.
I love that the man you're going to marry has to ask for my permission.
I love how you hate people for me and I hate people for you, so basically we hate everyone.
I love that you're the prettiest girl in school and you have no idea.
I love that when I told you I didn't think I was pretty you started to cry.
I love how we eat so many chocolate chip cookies that we should each weigh over 200 pounds but we barely weigh that combined.
I love how self conscious you are about your bra size.
I love that you ask me to flip off the football players for you. I do.
I love how we pretend we can telepathically speak to each other and it actually works.
I love that when we go to the movies and I am throwing up in the popcorn bucket, you pretend to have a cough so no one can hear me barf.
I love how I can quote every movie but you can quote even more and I listen to our music loud but you listen to it louder.
I love how I've been called a skank and you've been called a whore, but we don't really care because at least we are sluts together.
I love how both of our moms are a wee bit crazy.
I love how I didn't invite you over to my house for a while when we first became friends because I wanted to see if you actually liked me before you knew I was wealthy.
I love how you don't care about that.
I love how you help me spend my parents money.
I love how my parents love you too so they take us on vacations.
I love how excited you get about ordering room service and getting drunk off the smoothies.
I love our silent fights and how you're still mad about the ninth grade binder check.
I love how I finish your sentences and you do hand motions for stories I tell- we are always laughing.
I love how everyone is intimidated by us, especially with our forces combined.
I love how you always know when something's wrong even if I can't admit it.
I love that if you had to rob a bank I would stand by your side.
I love how everyone thinks we've known each other for life but it's only been three years.
I love how I make you more outgoing and you keep me from doing stupid things.

I'm pretty sure you've saved my life. 
And I want you to know that.
My greatest fear is losing you. Anyone else I think I could handle. But not you.
And I want you to know that.
I love you. Also, I love you. (More than chocolate chip cookies.) 
And I want you to know that. You deserve the world.
You're my best friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment