Friday, February 8, 2013

Love and The Cynic










Love knocks on Innocents door and kisses her.
Love does that classic shrug so Love and Affection make out.
Love and Lust get caught so he closes the door and walks away.

Love is the music my mom doesn’t want me to listen to.
Love is the slutty panties, booty shorts, and tattered vans.
Love is the hand painted garden gnome with our initials.

Love was my best friend.

Passion hates Love most of the time.
But then it rains.
Carefree falls in love with anyone if it’s raining.
Love smells like rain and Content is in love with rain.
That must mean Realization is in love with Love.

Love tells Desire he loves her and Desire laughs uncontrollably.
Adoration knows that means she loves Love back.
Infatuation loves Love more than she loves herself.
Devotion didn’t know she could feel this way.

Love writes Bliss letters everyday and Bliss feels wanted.
Love can’t look away and Appeal feels beautiful.
Love knows all of Exposed secrets and Exposed feels vulnerable.

Love is my bad habit that is still there after the three-week recovery program.
Love is the anti depressant I refuse to take.
Love is the prayer I can’t bring myself to say.

Love is making me drunk.
And I keep drinking.

Love tells Attached all he wants for Christmas is her.
Love can have Longing and all she wants is Love.
But for Christmas,
Love gets a “Merry Christmas Shitface.”
And Alone gets a “Merry Christmas Bitch.”
Love gets the perfect wave.
Lost gets the perfect record player.
And everyday Regret is mesmerized by the vinyl’s going round and round.
The sound is alluring, better than falling rain.
But it hurts because all Torment hears is what she and Love could have been.
But it’s okay because Contempt now knows she loves that turquoise record player
More than Broken ever loved Love.

Love is the tent we’ll never share.
Love is the bridge we’ll never play.
Love is the sex we’ll never have.
Love is the poem you’ll never read.
Love is no longer you.

Love and I, we are having an affair.
But not with each other.





4 comments:

  1. This is amazing
    It's nice that you aren't shy about swearing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first line grabbed me by the lapels and sucked me in. Your writing does that so easily.
    you're one of the good ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh snap. "But not with each other."

    They ain't ready for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Love smells like rain." I loved that. I really just love you period, but I especially loved that.

    ReplyDelete