Sunday, May 19, 2013

This says bitch 19 times.


Life’s a bitch
Please excuse me for my language
But life’s a bitch to me
Life’s a bitch to you

I never knew how perfect
How perfect my life was
Riches, Beauty, Friends

Until I met pain
Shook hands with despair
Kissed defeat on the cheek
And slipped regret the tongue

And when I finally stoop up
My boots were untied
My hair was ruffled

And I realized
Life is a bitch

Life’s that bitch
That brings home
Your high brother
Your drunk brother
Gives it a desperate hug
And whispers beggangly
We love you more
Than them

Life’s that bitch
Who calls to announce
She’s dead
At 7:52
Without out bothering to check
Her vitals

Life’s that bitch
Who knocks on your door
Holds a gun to his head
Demands a hundred million
And declares he must cut
All loose ends
You’re a loose end
Life’s that bitch
Who paves the rest of your life
With 43 steps to the bathroom
Where it forces you to throw up
And doesn’t even bother to hold
Your hair

Life’s that bitch
Who cuts open your stomach
Lays your intestines on the table
And leaves a friendly reminder
You will never be the same again
Like you didn’t already know
Through the scars

Life’s that bitch
Who asks
How do you feel?
Over and over
And over
Expecting some miracle
While taking away
Every single angel
That could possibly perform one

Life’s that bitch
That takes off its cowboy boots
Catapults them toward your face
Gives the look of shattering disappointment
And gives you permission to cry
Exactly 3 tears

Life’s that bitch

Who makes you fall in love
Then decides
It no longer feels
The same way
And leaves you wondering
If it was just trying
To get in your pants

Life’s that bitch
That cripples you
Desensitizes you
And leaves you so numb
That the venom it delivers
No longer changes
The expression
On your face

(But you.)

YOU are not
You’re not and I chose you
I chose you before I knew of your suffering
Before I knew of your strength

And my bitchy life
Ain’t so bitchy
Because I still have it all
And it’s pretty bitchin’
Compared to you

You have nothing

(But me.)

You’ll always have me

Because life’s always a bitch
And this is our life
So this is the story
That isn’t a story
Because life IS a bitch
But we’re not alone
And hey, life’s still a bitch
But at least
We’re alive

1 comment:

  1. " Where it forces you to throw up
    And doesn’t even bother to hold
    Your hair"

    "But at least we're alive"

    ReplyDelete