Sunday, May 5, 2013

This is a box

This is a box.
This is a box and I haven't told you about it.
Can you smell it? It smells like spray paint.
It's silver and red and blue and black and there are sparkles.
I liked when I spray painted it because the glitter exploded in the air.
I felt like I was in wonderland.
I liked when I spray painted it because I was just in a sports bra and the breeze smelled like summer.
My dad walked outside and gave me the how are you my offspring look? then walked away.

This is a box.
It says I don't care.
It says Been a million years full of fears but I found my girl.
It has a stencil of Jackie Chan on it. It turned out on really cool so I laughed. We need to make those shirts soon. Except I don't remember your asian name, do you?

This is a box.
This is a box and you don't know about it.
It's not like I didn't want to know.
It just hasn't come up.

In normal conversation I don't say THIS IS A BOX!

But this is a box.
It's full of things that mean nothing to anyone. Nothing to me, nothing to you. But everything to us.

This is a box.
And I might just burn it one day.


1 comment: