Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dreams of Suicidal Barriers

I had this dream.
I had this dream and it scared me.
We were driving along listening to music and you decided you were done.
Done with everything. You wanted to go up there and be with him.
And here I was, trying to talk you out of it, when through my whole life, you had been the one keeping me alive.

I didn't like this dream.
I didn't like this dream because it scared me.

You're the one that is supposed to be strong.
You're the one holding me up.
You're the one I live for.

But you just looked at me and said:
"Oh honey, I don't want to die.
I just can't live anymore."

I really hate this dream.
I really hate this dream because it scared me.
But it was just a dream, even though I can't get it out of my mind.
And dreams don't become reality in my world.
Which in truth, this is the thing that's scary.
Dreams don't come true.



1 comment:

  1. Crazy little twist at the end.

    Nightmares are terrible because if they come true, then, well, your life is a nightmare. But if they don't come true, then, well, your dreams don't come true and that freaking sucks.

    ReplyDelete